PATHFINDER BASIC STAFF TRAINING (BST) 2018
Dates: March 10 & 11, 2018 (Saturday and Sunday)
Time: 8:30 am‐5:00 pm (for both days)
- West – Mississauga Seventh-day Adventist Church (2250 Credit Valley Rd., Mississauga, ON) – Training Schedule
- East – CAA East Campus (1765 Meadowview Ave., Pickering, ON) – Training Schedule
Cost: $20.00 / person (includes seminars, AYMT pin, certificates & light afternoon refreshment).
KINDLY BRING YOUR OWN LUNCH AND BOTTLED WATER.
Deadline for Registration: February 23, 2018
All newly elected Pathfinder club directors and staff members are urged to complete the Pathfinder Basic Staff Training (BST) Certification under the AYMT program. This is also a prerequisite to those who wish to pursue the Master Guide Leadership Course.
Each BST topic has to be signed off by the presenter/ instructor. Review of BST requirements will be done by the Pathfinder District Coordinator, who in turn will sign the certification checklist with a copy to be sent to the Conference for the issuance of a BST certificate.
GUIDELINES IN WRITING A REFLECTION PAPER
To complete your BST requirements, you are asked to submit a reflection paper. It should be typewritten, single-spaced, and one-page only. It is not a news article where you describe what transpired at the BST program or a mere summary of each seminar or an evaluation of the workshops or the presenter(s). As announced at the BST event, you may write your reflection paper with the following questions in mind: What?, So What? and Now What?
- Summarize the seminars (What?) in two to three straight-to-the-point sentences. This is to demonstrate your understanding of the BST content.
- Reflect on the significance of the BST content (So What?). What difference does knowing the principles and theories of club ministry make in your life as a leader?
- Discuss the application of the BST content into your ministry as a leader (Now What?). This is the core of the reflection paper, which describes what you intend to do to put what you learned into practice.
Send your reflection paper as an email attachment to your Pathfinder District Coordinator (DC) [see list below]. Also, have your DC review your BST requirements (including the reflection paper). When everything is completed, the BST checklist will be signed by the DC, a scanned copy of which will be sent to the Conference office, including a soft copy of your reflection paper. Upon receiving all the said documents, the Conference will issue a BST certificate and award a BST pin to the participant in recognition for successful completion of the BST course.
List of Pathfinder District Coordinators:
- Metro East– Lydia Francis – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metro Central – Lynette Wilson – email@example.com
- Metro West – Kester Griffiths – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peel – Pamela Boreland – email@example.com
- Durham – Herma Graham – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southwest – Sonia Nembhard – email@example.com
- Northern – Dorothy Chamberlain – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Ontario – Cindy Hardy – email@example.com